With so many cookware types and brands on the market, choosing the best can be a daunting task. There are different types of cookware sets and ceramic is one of them. Different cooks will choose different designs and materials. In this buying guide and ceramic cookware review; we’ve made things easier for you by outlining the information that you need to know when choosing the best non-stick ceramic cookware. Also, we’ve gone a step further to bring you some of the best ceramic cookware sets on the market. All cookware isn’t safe. Because some cookware brands are dishonest about the materials and they use unhealthy chemicals for coatings. Ensure that you pick healthy ceramic non-stick cookware that compliments your kitchen and has features that you need to prepare a sumptuous meal. You can check our recommended cookware list to stay safe from harmful chemicals.
Top 10 Best Ceramic Cookware Comparison
|Images||Ceramic Cookware||Piece||Material Type||Color||Price|
|Editor's ChoiceCheck Price||Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourmet Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set|
|All in One ChoiceCheck Price||WearEver Ceramic Cookware, Red Pots and Pans, Scratch Resistant, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe Cookware Set, Model C943SF|
|Budget ChoiceCheck Price||GreenLife CW0005103 Soft Grip Absolutely Toxin-Free Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Dishwasher/Oven Safe Stay Cool Handle Cookware Set|
|Check Price||T-fal C996SE Initiatives Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Scratch Resistant Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Cookware Set|
|Check Price||Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set - Induction Stovetop Compatible Dishwasher Safe Non Stick Pots and Frying Pans with Lids - Dutch Oven Pot Fry Pan Sets for Serving - PTFE PFOA Free|
|8pc||Aluminum||Blue and White||Medium|
|Check Price||GreenPan Rio Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set|
|Check Price||Cook N Home NC-00359 Nonstick Ceramic Coating Cookware Set|
|Check Price||Farberware Purecook Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Cookware Set|
|Check Price||Calphalon Classic Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set|
|Check Price||Copper Chef Cookware Set - 9.5 Inches Deep Square Pan & Frying Pan, Includes Fry Basket, Steamer Rack, Utensil Set and Recipe Book|
Is ceramic cookware safe?
To begin with, Ceramic means “clay that has been fire-hardened”. As a result, when we discuss ceramic coated cookware, we are speaking about some kind of metal that has been coated with a layer of ceramic. The metal might be hard-anodized aluminum or iron, while the ceramic non-stick coating may be made from inorganic minerals, oxygen, or primary silicon.
So, it is safe to say that ceramic cookware is safe. And there are various reasons why it is considered to be safe. The first reason is that ceramic cookware has good thermal stability and slow heat transfer. When the ceramic cookware experiences a certain temperature difference in abrupt and hot quenching, it doesn’t blow apart very easily. This is because ceramic is a poor conductor of heat and has a slow heat transfer.
Another reason is that ceramic is made up of chemical properties that are stable. This makes it be durable and superior to metals such as copper, aluminum, and iron. Also, ceramic doesn’t react easily with alkali, acid, carbonic acid gas, and salt in the air, so it will not become rusty and old.
Finally, ceramic cookware has a very low water absorption rate. So, many bacteria are protected from entering the ceramic cookware which remains safe to use for food storage.
Summary of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Ceramic Cookware Comparison
- 2 Is ceramic cookware safe?
- 3 Factors to consider when buying the best ceramic cookware
- 4 Advantages of using ceramic cookware
- 5 How to take good care of your ceramic cookware set
- 6 The Best ceramic cookware reviews 2021
- 6.1 GreenLife Soft Grip 14pc Ceramic Nonstick (Our Top Pick)
- 6.2 WearEver C943SF Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Cookware Set
- 6.3 T-fal C996SE Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set
- 6.4 Vremi VRM030047N Ceramic Cookware Set
- 6.5 GreenPan Rio 12pc Ceramic Cookware Set
- 6.6 Cook N Home NC-00359 Nonstick Ceramic Coating Cookware set
- 6.7 Farberware Purecook Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
- 6.8 Calphalon 11pc Classic Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
- 6.9 Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourment 12pc Nonstick Cookware Set
- 6.10 Copper Chef 6pc Cookware Set
- 6.11 So, which ceramic cookware is the best?
- 6.12 FAQ
SAVE TIME: Directly Go Our Recommended Top 10 Ceramic Cookware list
Factors to consider when buying the best ceramic cookware
A kitchen is the heart of every home and having the best is what many cooks and stay at home moms look for.
The ceramic cookware that you purchase should be strongly built. Also, the cookware should be ergonomically designed and have the ability to withstand heat to some degree. In addition, the cookware handles should be securely fastened for easy use. For the lid, look for a tempered glass lid.
Every cook has their own style of cooking. A professional cook and a housewife who cooks have totally different ways of preparing food. As a result, you need to have the best ceramic cookware.
There are some cooks who use tiny pans and consider that to be fine. This shouldn’t be the case as wonderful cookware should keep nutrients in the food with great flavor and texture. So, bigger is better.
Before purchasing ceramic cookware, you should know what you intend to do with it. Do you want to boil, fry, or simmer with it? Knowing how you intend to use the cookware will help you to choose the ideal ceramic cookware for your needs.
Make sure that you select cookware with the features that you want. Some of the features that savvy cooks look for are: How many pieces have the cookware? Is it dishwasher safe? Is it oven and microwave safe or not? Does it come with a lid or not? If you understand what you want, choosing the best ceramic cookware becomes easy.
Type of cook stove
What type of cookstove type do you have? Is it gas, electric, ceramic stove top, or glass? The best ceramic cookware sets can be utilized on different cookstove types. If you intend to use your 100% ceramic cookware set on a glass or ceramic top, you should make sure that it has a completely flat bottom. Other types of ceramic cookware include glazed clay pots, unglazed cooking pots, and enameled porcelain cookware.
Sizes and colors
Another factor to look at is the size of the ceramic cookware set. Depending on what you want to prepare, you can choose large or small cooking pans or pots. Take into consideration the people that will be served when choosing the size. Also, you should choose a shape that you are comfortable with. After choosing the size and shape of the cookware, you should now consider looking at the color of your choice. Select one that has the color and design that will blend easily with other kitchen utensils.
Several things determine the cost of the 100 percent ceramic cookware set. Such factors include size, number of pans included in the cookware set, quality, and construction.
Although there is budget ceramic cookware on the market, you should select one with the features that you want instead of going for a cheap one that doesn’t last for long.
There are lots of cookware brands like WearEver, Calphalon, Greenlife, Rachael Ray, Cuisinart, All Clad, Farberware, Anolon, etc. Only a few of them produce quality ceramic cookware. We have listed here only the best ceramic cookware brands.
Ensure that the nonstick cookware set you are buying has at least a warranty of one year. This will be a surety that the cookware you have purchased can be replaced if it has a defect or similar problem.
Advantages of using ceramic cookware
- It is safe to use as there are no chemicals that leach into your food like with cast iron or other types of cookware.
- It is able to withstand high-temperature cooking without cracking or burning.
- Ceramic cookware distributes heat evenly and ends up cooking food well.
- It is made up of a non-stick surface which doesn’t need a lot of oil to cook with.
- The ceramic surface doesn’t retain odors, bacteria, and there is no bad taste from the cookware.
- It is very easy to clean as there is no scratching and no pitting.
- The food prepared on a ceramic cookware is healthy to eat as it is toxin-free.
- Ceramic cookware has far-infrared cooking technology that helps to cook food from the inside and outside at the same time.
- They are versatile in use as they can be used in an oven, microwave, broiler, stovetop grill, barbecue, and convection stove.
- They are sturdily built with a polished finish and they defy corrosion.
- It is also dishwasher safe
How to take good care of your ceramic cookware set
- The best heat that you should use on your ceramic cookware is low to moderate heat. This is because these tools are not capable of sustaining a lot of heat.
- Before you begin using the ceramic cookware set, you should clean it to get rid of any dust on the surface.
- Only use utensils that are safe to use with your 100% ceramic cooking pan or pot. Use wooden, silicon, spatula or plastic spoons.
- Never dip the cookware in hot water as it will damage it. Instead, wait for it to cool down and wash it.
- Handle the cookware set with caution and prevent it from falling down. This might damage the ceramic cover and lead to loss of non-stick properties.
- After using the non-stick cookware set, clean it, and keep it away. Don’t keep it together with other cookware types like iron.
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to use the cookware set as different brands offer different features.
The Best ceramic cookware reviews 2021
We have selected the top 10 ceramic cookware sets that are healthy and safe to use(According to our research).
GreenLife Soft Grip 14pc Ceramic Nonstick (Our Top Pick)
The GreenLife ceramic cookware has a good reputation for its quality. This brand produces outstanding cookware set and other kitchen accessories.
GreenLife Ceramic Cookware 2021(video Review):
The GreenLife soft grip 14pc cookware surface is nonstick. It comprises of 7-inch open frypan, 9.5-inch open frypan, 5QT covered stockpot, 1QT covered saucepan, 2QT covered saucepan, 4 kitchen utensils, and 2.5QT covered sauté pan. The cookware can prepare different meals which will be served easily as it has a nonstick surface. After using the set, cleaning is also easy as food doesn’t stick to the surface. If you are looking for the best rated ceramic cookware then buy this.
Check Price On Amazon
Another great feature about this GreenLife cookware is that it is made of Thermolon ceramic which is not only nonstick but as well free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, or cadmium. Hence, you get to prepare healthy food. The ergonomic handle is comfortable and prevents you from being burned during use. With the sturdy aluminum construction, the cookware ensures that there is even heat distribution.
To fully utilize this 14 piece cookware set, use it on low to medium heat settings. Use your hand to clean the cookware or a dishwasher.
- It is made of a durable aluminum body
- The cookware has excellent heat conduction for proper cooking of food
- It is dishwasher safe
- Has easy to use
- Has comfortable handles
- It is safe to use as it doesn’t contain chemicals or toxins
- The handle is not very durable as it catches fire easily when exposed to a lot of heat.
- The cookware is of poor quality as it starts to heat after using for some months even on low heat.
WearEver C943SF Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Cookware Set
The WearEver ceramic cookware is one of the most sophisticated cookware on the market. The C943SF pure living nonstick cookware set is constructed of heavy gauge aluminum that is both scratch and stain-resistant. Furthermore, it has a high-quality aluminum base that provides even heat distribution for efficient cooking. The cookware is safe to use as it doesn’t have PFOA, PTFE, and Cadmium which are harmful substances. It is one of the top-rated ceramic cookware on the market.
Check Price On Amazon
The soft-touch and comfortable handles can defy a temperature of up to 350 degrees F. They to make using the cookware to be easy as they don’t heat up. It has a see-through lid that allows you to view the food you are cooking. In addition, the WearEver C943SF is oven safe and dishwasher safe. It is the best ceramic cookware made in the USA. On top of that, the manufacturer provides a limited lifetime warranty. With such features, this is an excellent addition to your beautiful kitchen.
- Offers even heat distribution
- Made of soft-touch handles for a comfortable grip
- It is made of durable, heavy gauge aluminum with ceramic coating for long-term use
- It is stain and scratch resistant, which makes it ideal for preparing different foods
- WearEver C943SF has a nonstick ceramic coating which is safe to use and easy to clean
- It is oven safe up to 350 degrees F
- The cookware is dishwasher safe
- WearEver provides a lifetime limited warranty
- The cookware spoils quickly if used on high heat. Simply use the ceramic cookware set on low to moderate heat for longevity.
T-fal C996SE Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set
The T-fal brand ceramic cookware set is affordable but still durable. This is because it is made up of heavy gauge aluminum construction that provides even heat distribution. Also, the T-fal C996SE material is scratch and stain resistant for easy use. Using this cooking set is healthy as it is free of PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium. The ceramic cooking surface is able to resist heat up to 570 degrees F and is oven safe up to 350 degrees F. No matter the type of cooktop that you have, you can use the C996SE cookware on it, apart from induction.
Check Price On Amazon
For delicious meals, use this 14 piece to prepare poultry, meat, and fish. The set comes with an 11-inch fry pan with a lid, a 7.5-inch fry pan, a 1-quart sauce pan, a 2-quart sauce pan, one egg wander, and a 5-quart Dutch oven with a lid. Moreover, it can resist high temperatures and is dishwasher safe. The nonstick surface that this T-fal ceramic cookware set comes with is very easy to clean. With the sturdy even base, you will never have a hot spot in your pan as you fry your eggs. This is because it provides even heat distribution.
- It has a nonstick surface for easy cooking
- It is dishwasher safe
- The aluminum base provides even heat distribution
- It is durable as it is made of heavy gauge aluminum body
- It is safe to use as it’s free of toxins
- It has a delicate surface which can be scratched easily.
- It is not suitable for use in high temperatures.
Vremi VRM030047N Ceramic Cookware Set
Bring life to your kitchen when you add the Vremi ceramic cookware set for your kitchen collection. The 8-piece ceramic cookware set is created to double as cookware and to serve directly from the stovetop to the dinner table. For those looking for durable cookware, the Vremi cookware set is built from die-cast aluminum. This is a sturdy material and it offers even heat distribution. It is versatile in use and can be used on all types of the cooktop. The VRM030047N cookware set includes 1 large Dutch oven with lid, 1 small Dutch oven with lid, 1 shallow casserole with lid, and 1 medium angled frying pan. If you are looking for the best ceramic cookware for induction then buy this set.
Check Price On Amazon
The versatility of the Vremi blue and white pans makes them be a favorite among many. It is compatible with a wide range of cooktops such as induction, electric, gas or halogen burner. The cookware features a nonstick marble coated surface that heats up evenly to provide delicious and well-cooked meals. With its sleek design, the cookware will blend well with other kitchen utensils and accessories. It is also dishwasher safe and has a comfortable handle for easy use.
- Sturdy aluminum construction
- Oven safe cookware
- Ceramic coating provides even heating
- Can be used on any type of stovetop with induction included
- Dishwasher safe
- Non-toxic and BPA free
- The handles may become hot during use
GreenPan Rio 12pc Ceramic Cookware Set
GreenPan is known as the first company to bring nonstick cookware into the market. The GreenPan Ceramic Cookware set quality is very high. The GreenPan Rio 12pc ceramic cookware set comes with an 8-inch ceramic non-stick open fry pan, 9.5-inch ceramic non-stick open fry pan, 9.5-inch ceramic non-stick sautepan, 1QT ceramic non-stick covered saucepan, 2QT ceramic non-stick, 3QT ceramic non-stick covered saucepan, and 5QT ceramic non-stick casserole. The ceramic coating is free of PFOAS, PFAS, lead, and cadmium. So, it is healthy and safe to use for cooking tasty meals. Thus, If you ask me which ceramic cookware is safest then I will suggest buying this.
Check Price On Amazon
Its durable, heavy-gauge construction ensures that there is even heat distribution and it is oven safe up to 350 degrees F. The Thermolon ceramic non-stick surface is easy to clean and also dishwasher safe. Use low to moderate heat so that you don’t overheat and damage the cool ergonomic Bakelite handle. The glass lid allows you to see what your cooking so that you don’t overcook your food. With such a lovely design, the GreenPan Rio 12 piece cookware will beautify your kitchen easily.
- Durable construction
- Has ergonomic handles that provide comfort during use
- The non-stick surface makes cooking different foods to be easy
- It is healthy to use as it doesn’t contain PFOA, PFAS, lead, and cadmium
- The glass lid allows the user to monitor food
- Even heat distribution
- It can withstand high temperatures
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- The outside coating is not durable and should be handled with care
- Avoid using on high heat. Instead, use low to moderate heat for longevity.
Cook N Home NC-00359 Nonstick Ceramic Coating Cookware set
If you want to buy a cookware from a reputable brand, Cook N Home is one of them. The Cook N Home ceramic cookware brand offers different cookware types and sizes. One of their affordable and durable cookware sets is the Cook N Home NC-00359. It is one of the best ceramic cookware set from this brand. It is healthy to cook different foods using this cookware set as it is free of chemicals and toxins. Also, it has a nonstick coating that is scratch resistant and makes cleaning of the pans to be quick and easy.
Check Price On Amazon
The heavy gauge aluminum material that the cookware is made up of ensures that there is even heat distribution and thus, it leaves no hot spots on the surface. The 10 piece cookware set has tempered glass lids that snugly fit on the pans and pots for safe cooking. Cook food without worrying about it sticking to the ceramic surface as it is nonstick. The comfortable handles will give you ample time to prepare your favorite meal.
- Has a glass lid for monitoring your food
- It is safe to use as it is free of PTFE, PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- It has a scratch-resistant exterior because of its ceramic coating
- The nonstick surface makes cleaning of the set to be simple and quick
- Durable cookware made from heavy gauge aluminum
- The Flat solid surface provides even heat distribution
- Avoid using the cookware with metal utensils, instead, use wooden or plastic utensils.
- Don’t use extreme temperatures as it will deplete the surface and handle quickly.
Farberware Purecook Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
You will never have to worry about cleaning your cookware ever again when you start cooking using the Farberware ceramic nonstick cookware set. Besides the 12 pieces that it comes with, it also has a slotted spoon, a slotted turner, and a sturdy spoon. All of these are made of sturdy nylon. The body of the cookware is made of aluminum, which is durable and sustains a high temperature. Also, it has a nonstick ceramic surface that is free of chemicals and toxins such as PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium.
Check Price On Amazon
The durable 12 piece cookware set is an ideal cookware for preparing any type of food on low to moderate heat. After using the cookware set, clean it using your hands or in the dishwasher. It is stain-resistant and thus you won’t have mixed flavors. The ergonomic handles will make cooking easy and the even surface will provide even heat distribution during cooking. Watch as your fish fries through the glass lid for a delicious meal.
- Sturdy construction
- Stain resistant
- Shatter-resistant glass lid for viewing of food
- Easy to cook food with the nonstick ceramic surface
- Ergonomic handles for comfortable cooking
- Safe to use as it’s free of PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium
- Aluminum base heats up evenly
- Oven safe up to 350 degrees F
- It is a Dishwasher safe best ceramic cookware
- Farberware provides a lifetime limited warranty
- The nonstick surface is not very durable as the food gets stuck after several months of use.
- It cannot withstand extreme heat, hence you should use low to moderate heat.
Calphalon 11pc Classic Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
The stylish and sturdy Calphalon ceramic cookware set is a great addition to any modern kitchen. This cookware is uniquely designed and has a wide range of features that will make your cooking to be fun. The grey and white ceramic cooking set is sturdily built from hard-anodized aluminum. With such solidness, expect to use this cookware set for many years. Unlike other ceramic nonstick cookware sets that we have discussed above, this one has cast stainless steel long handles. These will not deteriorate as they are very durable. Also, they are comfortable to use. It is the best ceramic cookware for gas stove.
Check Price On Amazon
The 11 piece set is made up of a 10-inch fry pan, 8-inch fry pan, 12-inch round griddle, 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart sauté pan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, and 5-quart Dutch oven with cover. Using this cookware is safe as it is free of PFOA, which is harmful to your health. After use, you can clean the cookware easily as the food doesn’t stick on it. Heat the cookware pan up to 450 degrees F. Anything greater than this may lead to damage to the cookware. When you purchase this best ceramic nonstick cookware set, Calphalon will offer you a 10-year warranty.
- Solid construction
- Even heat distribution
- Easy to clean as food doesn’t stick
- PFOA free cookware
- Ergonomic and comfortable handles
- Straining lids for food monitoring
- Oven safe up to 450 degrees F
- Versatile in use as it can be used on electric ring, electric, gas, glass stovetop, and halogen
- Full 10-year warranty
- It is not dishwasher safe
- The ceramic coating on the cookware is not strong as it chips off easily after using for some time.
Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourment 12pc Nonstick Cookware Set
For more than 35 years now, Cuisinart has been creating quality cookware sets and other kitchen accessories. The Cuisinart ceramic nonstick cookware set is built with hard-anodized aluminum for longevity. The GG-12 set includes an 8-inch skillet, 10-inch lidded deep fry, 1.5-inch quart lidded saucepan, 2.5-inch quart lidded saucepan, 3-inch quart lidded pan, 6-quart lidded Dutch oven, and steamer. These provide the user with a variety of cooking options. Also, they can be used to prepare meals for a few or for several people.
Check Price On Amazon
The nonstick ceramic surface provides even heat and it’s free of PTFE and PFOA. The different pans and pots have long stainless steel handles for easy use and handling of the cookware. For you to enjoy using this cookware set from Cuisinart, you need to clean it properly after use with your own hands. The smooth exterior surface makes the storage of the cookware to be easy, but you should handle it with care.
- It has a great heat conductivity
- Cuisinart GG12 is sturdily made from hard-anodized aluminum
- It is oven and broiler safe
- It is safe to use as it’s free of PFOA and PTFE
- Sturdy and ergonomic handle
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Oven safe up to 30 degrees F
- It meets FDA and European RoHS standards
- It starts to wear outside with continued use. Take good care of it and handle it cautiously.
- Don’t use a lot of heat when cooking as it might heat the handle and be difficult to use
Copper Chef 6pc Cookware Set
Do you want to surprise your friend with a dazzling gift? The Copper Chef cookware set is an excellently designed cooking set that will easily blend into your kitchen. The sturdily built cookware is able to resist heat and provides even heat distribution. The ceramic nonstick coating ensures that the user has a simple time cooking and washing the ceramic cooking set. The set has a 9.5-inch pan, fry basket, glass lid, square fry, steam rack, and recipe book. This is the best copper ceramic cookware.
Check Price On Amazon
With the comfortable handles, you will cook your food fast and won’t get burned. It is free of PTFE and PFOA, thus it’s safe for cooking healthy food. In addition, it is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 800 degrees F. Also, it can be used for different stovetops such as electric, induction, gas, or ceramic. Cook without butter or oil for a delicious meal.
- Durable construction with a 5 layer
- Solid and flat surface offers even heat distribution
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean with the nonstick surface
- Healthy cooking as it’s free of toxins
- The stainless steel induction base heats up very fast and retains heat longer.
- Tempered glass for easy viewing of food
- The non-stick surface is not 100% non-stick. Wash with care to avoid chipping of the surface when the food sticks on it.
So, which ceramic cookware is the best?
Choosing the best ceramic cookware for your cooking needs is not an easy thing. But with the above information that we have compiled, you should have an easy time finding a 100% ceramic cookware set for your needs and budget. Finding the best ceramic coated cookware isn’t easy. Make sure that the ceramic cooking pan that you select is sturdy and has great features. It should be dishwasher safe, easy to handle, and clean. Look at reviews of previous buyers to avoid making the wrong move. Hope you have found this review to be helpful in your quest of finding the best ceramic cookware set.
Q. Can I wash pans with non-stick ceramic coating in the dishwasher?
Ans. This depends on the brand. Some brands say that their ceramic coated pans are dishwasher safe while others say otherwise. But experts recommend that you hand wash all pans using a mild detergent and hot water without any abrasive pad. This will prolong the life of the ceramic coating.
Q. Are non-stick ceramic coated pans a healthier and more environmentally safer option?
Ans. Yes. This is because of higher temperatures, the coating will not breakdown and produces fumes that are harmful to the environment and an annoyance for humans. And if cookware safety is a great concern to you, then you are better off with 100% cookware instead of coated ceramic. Although, all the best ceramic cookware has a coating to increase the lifetime of the cookware.
Q. Can you cook on high heat using a ceramic non-stick coated pan since it is heat resistant up to 450˚C?
Ans. Yes, you can. But most foods should be cooked at no higher than medium to medium-high temperatures. For instance, you should not cook from high to low or from low to high temperatures. This prolongs the life of the pan and as well as preserves the nutrition of the food.