Glass cookware is not only the most valuable part of your kitchen but also a luxury item. As a result, a burnt food stain makes you nervous. You might think this spot is fixed, but no. It’s your misconception. You can easily remove this from the pan if you follow a few easy tricks. I think these easy tools are still present in every kitchen pantry. Let’s see how to clean the glass cookware very easily.
Summary of Contents
Nowadays, people are very self-conscious. Cooking in glass kitchenware is a tension-free process. Pyrex is the most used glass cookware now. There is no unhealthy metal used in this type of dish. That ensures the food quality and preserves the taste and flavor. Glass cookware is very easy to use in the oven, and some high-quality branded glass cookware is very easy to clean in the dishwasher. But you can also cook it on the stovetop. But it would help if you kept the flame low to medium. This type of cookware is very eco-friendly, but it has uneven heat distribution. That’s why this cookware is perfect for cooking in the oven but not suitable for the stove. It slows the cooking process and is also very time-consuming.
Why does burned strain happen in glass cookware?
I know you love your glass cookware because it’s a different addition to your kitchen and warm food for a longer time than regular cookware. So strain in that cookware not only gets you tensed but also ruins the look of the pan. The spot is a prevalent part of the cooking session. Sometimes you end up with a stubborn burn spot in your pan because you can’t perfect the temperature during cooking time. Sometimes it happens when you use that cookware for grilling or frying. And we don’t have enough time to remove the stain for long time. But you can easily remove the stubborn, old-aged spot by following some easy steps.
How to remove burn marks or stains from glass cookware?
There are many easy DIY processes to clean the stubborn spot from your glassware. Like:
Use vinegar and water
The process of cleaning glass cookware is a small step. Like:
- Add an equal amount of water and vinegar mixer into the glass dish. After that, rest this cookware for one to one and a half hours.
- After this resting hour, drain out all the liquid from the dish but don’t rinse the pan. You will notice the burned food start to come off from the side and the bottom of the pan.
- Add a little bit of dishwashing liquid and scrub with a soft cotton pad or sensitive Scrubber. After that, you end up with a bright glass pan, just like a new version.
Apply boiling water
Yes, you heard correctly. You can easily remove the stain from the pan using boiling water. Let’s take a look at those steps:
- Fulfill the entire glass cookware with water. Then add some vinegar to it. You don’t need to add an equal portion of this acidic solution.
- Place the pan into the stove and start boiling. Heat the cookware for about 5-6 minutes. After that, turn off the heat.
- Step aside the pan from the stove and leave it to cool down. Don’t touch the pan with a bare hand; otherwise, you’ll end up with a burning hand because this kind of cookware stays warm for a longer time. That’s why also stay out of this hot pan from children and pets.
- After the pan and the water temperature completely cool down and get to room temperature, drain all the water and add some dishwashing soap. Finally, scrub the pan with a soft scrubber slowly, and I think you will find your pan stain free and shiny.
Ammonia and baking soda
Baking soda is a must in your kitchen. And you know this is now very useful for cleaning kitchen utensils. And yes, this powder also helps you clean the dirty spot of glass cookware.
- The first step, take your dry cleaning soft Scrubber or cloth. Then dry it with normal water. Always use the gentle Scrubber; otherwise, a hard one quickly destroys the pan’s radiant look.
- Add some baking soda and some water into the empty pan. Then rub the pan with wet scrub slowly.
- If the stain remains in the pan, rinse it with water thoroughly. Then spray some ammonia into the spotted place.
- Again scrub the pan with a soft scrubber. If you notice all stains are gone, then rinse the pan with water. If it’s not fully spotless, then repeat the process. And I think this can assure the pan is shining again.
I think this is a must-have item in your home cleaning session. And it’s also handy with nasty stains on your glass cookware. But it needs extra time than other steps, but it assures the clean and shiny pan.
- Fill the pan with oven cleaner. Properly coat all the burning portion of the pan with the cleaner.
- Take the into a garbage bag, then seal the bag tightly. Keep aside the pan with the pack for about 12 hours overnight.
- After these hours, open the bag with latex gloves in your hand. Don’t try to do this with your bare hand, and it’ll harm your skin. Then ventilate the bag for air for some time. Then scrub slowly pan with the Scrubber. And you got a spotless pan very easily.
Some primary steps you need to keep in mind when cleaning the glass cookware:
Before cleaning your glass pan, you need to know some basic but essential steps. And you need to follow this very strictly. Otherwise, you end up with a wrong-looking pan or burst one.
- Choose a soft Scrubber: cleaning with a scrubber is impossible. But there are many types of scrub you find in the market. Hard and soft are two kinds of them. Glass cookware is very sensitive, and that’s why you need to use a soft cloth or Scrubber. The hard one easily scratches the shiny glass pan.
- Have patience: I think this is also a big step to follow. If you try to clean the hot glass pan, you have a burst pan. And I think you need to wait to turn down its heat and then clean the pan.
- Stop scraping: scrapping is one of the central roles of the scratch pan. So always try not to scrape food from the pan. Please wait until it comes to room temperature. Scrapping hot food destroys the pan and ruins the shape of the food. So please wait for some time, food set free by them.
In the end, I want to say that everyone loves to cook with neat and clean cookware. But it’s very tough to clean them when you don’t realize the heat of the stove or oven. And a pan with spots always makes you sad. I drew some easy steps to clean your favorite pan without breaking it or getting any scratches. I think each small item is available in your pantry. So don’t worry about cleaning your stained glass cookware anymore.